Why We Love Them!
A great alternative to traditional synthetic sponges made of petrochemicals, our Cellulose Sponges are super absorbent & durable.
The sponges are pretty big and if you like to get more for your money, you can cut the sponges in half and get 4 for the price of 2!
They work great on bathroom surfaces, kitchen countertops, and washing the dishes…they’re absolutely perfect for cleaning all around the house!
Each sponge can absorb and retain up to 10x of its own weight in water and can last through many tough cleaning jobs! They’re hygienic, durable, eco-friendly, reusable and fully biodegradable.
Made from 100% cellulose which is natural wood fibre. That means these wonderful sponges are 100% plastic-free – no micro plastics!
Most common kitchen sponges are made from plastic and can’t be recycled or composted. They’re usually only used for a couple of weeks to clean the kitchen and kitchen appliances before they’re thrown away. Where they’ll contribute to plastic pollution for hundreds of years before eventually breaking down into microplastics.
What’s more, mass-produced synthetic sponges are all made with petroleum, bleach, assorted sulphates and a whole slew of nasty chemicals. Even after you throw old sponges away, the bacteria-killing triclosan they’re filled with negatively affects aquatic ecosystems, especially algae that other animals depend on.
But don’t worry, these cellulose sponges are a great alternative to chemical-filled plastic sponges! These sponges are made from wood fibres which are much more eco-friendly as they go through a less toxic manufacturing process and they are biodegradable too.
Looking After Your Cellulose Sponges
- To help keep your cellulose sponge free of nasty bacteria, keep it as dry as possible between uses.
- You can sterilize them by soaking them for a few minutes in boiled water, microwave heating damp sponges or pop them in the dishwasher with a drying cycle.
- Each sponge: 120 (l) x 80 (w) x 25 (h) mm
- Keep out of reach of children.
- The MHRA has not evaluated any of these statements.
- We do not intend to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Do not use this information to replace the advice of your doctor.
- If your custom blend causes any reaction, please seek medical advice.
- Purchasing this product helps to plant a tree with Ecologi