What are Eco Scourers?
EcoVibe Eco-friendly scourer sponges are not only kind to the planet but durable and effective too! Our compostable scourers might be made from plants, but they’ve got incredible non-scratch scrubbing power.
Each pack of plastic-free scourers contains two types of scourer:
- Compostable sponge with sisal scouring side – for lighter scrubbing
- Compostable sponge with loofah scouring side – for heavy-duty scouring
This duo pack of sponge scourers is perfect for any cleaning job around the house – whether it’s washing the pots, cleaning the bathroom or scrubbing other hard surfaces.
Totally plastic-free and made from natural materials, these eco scourer pads are super absorbent, soaking up 10x their own dry weight.
How To Take Care Of Them
- Keep your sponges as dry as possible between uses to minimise nasty bacteria.
- Sterilise by soaking for a few minutes in boiled water, by microwaving or putting in the dishwasher with a drying cycle.
Why We Love The Eco Scourers
EcoVibe Compostable Sponge Scourers are our new favourite cleaning accessories! Made from cellulose (a natural wood fibre) with each sponge featuring a natural scourer pad side.
For every day scrubbing, use the Sisal Cactus scourer or for tougher scrubbing power, use the Loofah Scourer.
They are 100% biodegradable, plastic-free & non-toxic to the environment.
They are durable and will last for months with no bad odours. The scourers require less soap than a traditional sponge scourer and produce more suds for easier cleaning!
These sponge scourers are great for doing the dishes, cleaning bathroom surfaces and kitchen countertops, as well as everyday spills. They’re absolutely perfect for cleaning all around the house.
Each sponge can absorb and retain up to 10 times its own weight in water and can last through many tough cleaning jobs! They’re hygienic, durable, environmentally-friendly, reusable and fully biodegradable, made from 100% cellulose which is natural wood fibre. That means these wonderful sponges are 100% plastic-free – no microplastics!
Most common kitchen sponges are made from plastic and can’t be recycled or composted. They’re usually only used for a couple of weeks to clean the kitchen and kitchen appliances before they’re thrown away, where they’ll contribute to plastic pollution for hundreds of years before eventually breaking down into microplastics.
What’s more, mass-produced synthetic sponges are all made with petroleum, bleach, assorted sulphates and a whole slew of nasty chemicals. Even after you throw old sponges away, the bacteria-killing triclosan they’re filled with negatively affects aquatic ecosystems, especially algae that other animals depend on.
But don’t worry, these cellulose sponges are a great alternative to chemical-filled plastic sponges! These sponges are made from wood fibres which are much more eco-friendly as they go through a less toxic manufacturing process and they are biodegradable too.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- The MHRA has not evaluated any of these statements.
- We do not intend to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Do not use this information to replace the advice of your doctor.
- If any product causes any reaction, please seek medical advice.
- Purchasing this product helps to plant a tree with Ecologi.